If you are always struggling with gift wrapping, especially those that require more skill, you do not have to worry about it anymore. Follow my easy steps to wrap a ball as a gift:
- Prepare wrapping paper (preferably colorful). The paper needs to be long and wide enough to cover the ball all the way. I suggest you use a patterned paper (for example, zigzag), so you can match up quite well.
- Take your wrapping paper, fold it over the ball to make sure that it covers it completely. You should have at least a few inches of paper left on both sides. If you want to be careful, leave extra paper just in case.
- Cut off the section that you will be working with.
- Cut the paper into strips. Look to cut it into narrow strips that will be easy to wrap around the ball.
- After you cut all your strips, take your ball and start wrapping the strips around, one by one. Wrap every other strip through the middle. Use duct tape.
- Continue to wrap all the strips around and make sure to cover up all the openings. Some will take a couple of times, but it is worth it.
- After you cover everything up, apply your bow. You have now wrapped your ball neatly.
- Put your gift in a pretty gift bag.
Here is another way:
- Prepare material. You will need wrapping paper, duct tape, and a ball.
- Masure your paper. It needs to cover the whole gift.
- Put the ball in the middle of the wrapping paper. Long sides need to be in front and behind.
- Fold the long sides of the paper over the ball. Tape them. Make sure there is no gap.
- Fold short ends of the paper in a triangle.
- To make the wrapping neat, pull the flaps as tightly as possible.
- Use a piece of tape to hold flaps in place.
- If you want to do this much easier and quicker, pretend that you are wrapping a box. The results will be a little looser. Eventually, you will complete wrapping, and your gift will look neat.
How to Wrap the LOL Ball
Learn how to wrap the LOL Ball with these steps. They are simple, and in the end, you will get an interesting gift that looks like candy:
- Prepare your LOL ball, wrapping paper, duct tape, ribbon, and scissors.
- Cut a wrapping paper that is large enough for your LOL ball to look like a wrapped candy. It needs to go around the whole ball and have extra length left on the sides.
- Put your ball in the center. Wrap it in one direction and tape the edges together. Some extra paper should stick out on both sides. The length of the extra paper should be equal on both sides.
- Pinch extra paper on both sides against the ball, so your ball looks like candy.
- Cut some ribbon that is long enough for you to tie around the pinched area. Do it tightly. I recommend you make a knot. You can curl the ribbon with scissors or tie it in a bow.
- Do the same for the other side.
- If your sides are not equal in length, trim them.
- Your gift is ready! You can give your wrapped LOL bag like this or put it in a gift bag.
You can also wrap the LOL ball in this way:
- Prepare some color tissue paper (you can use two different colors for a more colorful LOL ball), stickers, and ribbon.
- Get a bowl and place it on your table. Then, place your tissue paper over this bowl. Put the second tissue paper over the first piece of paper in a cross.
- Put your LOL ball into the bowl. In that way, the ball will not move, and you will be able to wrap it better.
- Fold the tissue paper together into the top. Pull the folds tightly against the ball for a neat look.
- Use a ribbon to tie a knot. You can apply a piece of tape to make it more secure.
How to Wrap a Ball so That People Do Not Know It Is a Ball
It is hard to wrap a gift, especially if it has an obvious shape and you want to surprise a person. Follow these steps and wrap a ball like a pro!
- You will need craft paper (30 inches x 30 inches), duct tape, scissors, a hole puncher, two shoelaces tied together, and scissors.
- Fold two sides of the paper to meet each other.
- Tape the folded paper together.
- Place the ball at the bottom to measure the size of the base.
- Fold the bottom into the diamond shape.
- Fold again to create two triangles overlapping together and put some duct tape. The paper should get the shape of a paper bag.
- Insert the ball in the bag.
- Cut off any excess paper.
- Fold the top of the bag.
- Punch two holes in the folded bar.
- Lace the shoelaces through the holes. Tie them into a bow. You can also use a nice ribbon and do the same.
You can also do this:
- Prepare a cardboard box or gift box, wrapping paper, bow, and newspapers. A box should be larger than a ball.
- Put a ball in the box.
- Put some crumbled newspapers or shredded paper to cover the ball.
- If you use a cardboard box, wrap it with some wrapping paper, so it looks nice.
- Add a bow.
Tips for Gift Wrapping
Prepare your material in advance
Your workspace will not be complete without the right tools. Make sure you always have a pair of scissors, some duct tape, additional ribbons, and wrapping paper. You do not want to stop in the middle of your gift wrapping and wonder whether you have all you need or not. A good idea is to keep your material in a box, so you can always find it.
Measure your paper
Always check if your paper is long and wide enough to wrap around the whole present. Cut the excess paper, so you do not end up with wrinkles and bulges. You want your gift to look neat. You can use excess paper to wrap another gift. You can shred it as well and put it over your gift. Another idea is to use a piece of paper and make a pretty envelope.
Carefully choose the color of your wrapping paper
Depending on the theme, choose appropriate colors of wrapping paper. Combine two colors to make your gift look interesting. If you decide to decorate your gift, use plain color paper to which you will be able to add decorations. White color is great as a foundation and you can build other decor elements on it.
Do not run away from decorations
Many people choose not to use decorations for a gift because they are afraid they will mess something up. I recommend you always use embellishments, for example, glitter, colorful strings, stickers, flowers, and bows. Use your creativity, and you will see that a gift looks better with some decoration.
Make it personal
When wrapping a gift, always keep in mind what the other person likes. For instance, you can use the person’s favorite color for wrapping paper, so that they know you considered their taste. Add your personal touch, draw something nice. Do not forget to write a card as well. In this way, your gift will be more meaningful.
Take your time
Do not rush when you are wrapping a gift. Slowly do each step to make everything turn out good in the end. Let your gift be neat and have clean edges. Also, do not leave wrapping for the last minute. It may turn out sloppy and you will start panicking.
Choose durable and strong wrapping paper
I suggest you use a strong paper with patterns. It will help cover any mistake you make while wrapping a gift. Besides, the stronger paper will not rip when you tape it. Some alternatives to wrapping paper you can use are newspapers, wallpaper, tissue paper, and fabric scraps. You can design paper yourself. Use some photos or pick some designs online and print them. That is a good way to save money!
Although gift wrapping seems simple, sometimes it is demanding. Some oddly shaped gifts, such as a ball may cause you trouble since they require more time and skill. Follow these steps to wrap that kind of gift successfully. Remember, the impression is most important. Use our tips and put some effort into wrapping gifts and the other person will surely be happy and surprised.